Grumpy Young Man
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Previous Posts
miPod
Tommy Lee Goes to Hollywood U.
Bush Nixxxes Top-Level Domain
Once More, From the Top...Okay, unless I dream up ...
The Breeze of ChangeGonna be reformatting here bef...
Now Which One Is the Ampersand...?An Austin, TX ex...
"But Rockstar Told Me To..."Seems this young man, ...
Bush and "Intelligent" in the Same Sentence?Ah. T...
It's been a while...It certainly has. I'm back af...
Separation of Football and StateHere's the latest ...


Archives
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2005-08-21
2005-08-28
2005-09-04
2005-09-11
2005-09-18
Thou Shalt Kill?
Wednesday, August 24, 2005
Posted by SalsaKat at 8:29 PM.

It's been a long time. Sorry folks. I promise I will reward you with a redesign before long.

The latest national gaffe is the handiwork of a fun fellow by the name of Pat Robertson. You may know him as a prominent religious discussion figure on "The 700 Club." He seemed to have a little issue with Venezuelan president Hugo Chavez. He didn't think Chavez was a friendly guy; he considered him a threat to the US. So he proposed an effective solution: Robertson thinks someone should assassinate Chavez.

Yeah, that sounds like the Christian way to me.

"Thou shalt not... um... [mumble something unintelligible]. Now off the jerk!"

Give me a break. There is no way, no how, you can justify this. Christian doctrine teaches that it is not humanity's place to judge who is worthy to live, but rather that is God's domain. And Mr. Robertson is trying to tout killing as a Christian action. There's no freaking way! I don't care what Chavez is guilty or capable of, it's simply not the Christian thing to do. You can say that killing someone is justified to save other lives or whatever and that may be true in a secular moral sense, but it's simply not true in a Judeo-Christian moral sense (or, imagine, nearly any religious moral sense). As a Christian, I'm usually not too persnickety about sticking absolutely to the Bible and all the doctrine, but I just simply do not think you can purport killing as a Christian action. It scares me that someone can justify such an atrocity, justifiable or not, as an act of faith. I just can't fathom the dark places to which such thinking could lead.

3 Comments:

Hi there,

nice blog, I stayed quite long reading interesting stuff. Good work. Think, I will
bookmark it an come back.

If you get some time, be sure to check out my toyota cars
related website. By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:12 PM  

Hey, you have a neat blog here! I will definitely bookmark your site ! I have a causes of high cholesterol site. It near enough covers a great deal that matches causes of high cholesterol material. If you possess the chance, kindly come and check it out. By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:39 PM  

http://www.wideopenwest.com/~osalas/ By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

Top US stories
 


News Links
Google News
WebProNews
Lexington Herald-Leader
The Inquirer


Friends' Blogs
A Thingamajig
Democrat From Kentucky
Cynicracy
Inappropriately Speaking


Powered by Blogger