Grumpy Young Man
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Previous Posts
Alright, I give up. Now it seems the Dems won't f...
Today I'll live up to my promise. The topic:Conse...
Update: The Gathering StormWell, I was wrong, part...
Three thoughts today:First: Microsoft sues Google....
Hey everybody. Welcome to my blog. The term "Daily...


Archives
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2005-08-21
2005-08-28
2005-09-04
2005-09-11
2005-09-18

Saturday, July 23, 2005
Posted by SalsaKat at 12:33 PM.

Separation of Football and State

Here's the latest one for you, boys and girls. People slay me sometimes. It seems that KY state Rep. Denver Butler (D - District 38, Jefferson) has introduced bill BR 1333 MANDATING that both the University of Kentucky and the University of Louisville play each other as the first game of each football season. (Source) Are you kidding me?! I mean, I realize some sports fans take this quite seriously but we're talking about the flippin' state House of Representatives here! I mean honestly, does the government not have anything better to do than this?! We do have a Commonwealth to run here! Bozich, in the article linked above, even says, "I prefer government to concentrate on improving schools, roads and health care. Football doesn't crack my list of top 100 problems that keep me awake." I think Rick, the unofficial press secretary for Cardinal sports, just said something I, a UK fan to the core, can agree with. That's really serious.

I don't, however, agree with Bozo-ich's assertion that it still must be played first. Each home team has the say on when the game is played, in non-conference situations. If UK wants it played in early October at Commonwealth, that's their choice. If UL wants it played in late August in the Pizza Oven, that's their choice. He goes on and on about tradition in a series that was renewed in 1994 after a hiatus of what, 60 years? It's good for the state and for football around here but tradition? Hardly, Ricky. Quit using your journalistic "power" to try and slam Mitch Barnhart.

1 Comments:

[url=http://aluejxfttk.com]uJTwNeCYBAWaTc[/url] , DWpIu , http://iluubcb.com By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:13 AM  

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

Top US stories
 


News Links
Google News
WebProNews
Lexington Herald-Leader
The Inquirer


Friends' Blogs
A Thingamajig
Democrat From Kentucky
Cynicracy
Inappropriately Speaking


Powered by Blogger