Grumpy Young Man
Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Previous Posts
Bush and "Intelligent" in the Same Sentence?Ah. T...
It's been a while...It certainly has. I'm back af...
Separation of Football and StateHere's the latest ...
Alright, I give up. Now it seems the Dems won't f...
Today I'll live up to my promise. The topic:Conse...
Update: The Gathering StormWell, I was wrong, part...
Three thoughts today:First: Microsoft sues Google....
Hey everybody. Welcome to my blog. The term "Daily...


Archives
2005-07-17
2005-07-31
2005-08-07
2005-08-14
2005-08-21
2005-08-28
2005-09-04
2005-09-11
2005-09-18

Wednesday, August 10, 2005
Posted by SalsaKat at 11:15 PM.

"But Rockstar Told Me To..."

Seems this young man, Devin Moore, was charged with murder. His plea was not guilty, on the defense that he was brainwashed by playing too much GTA.(Source) The jury found him guilty. As the venerable Gomer Pyle might add, "Surprise surprise surprise!"

Jack Thompson, our favorite Quixotic gameophobe, had this to say: "What we're saying is that Devin Moore was, in effect, trained to do what he did. He was given a murder simulator..." Really now. I just got done playing a brisk game of March Madness 2005 on my XBox and I assure you, I will not be going out onto the court in Rupp Arena this winter and posting up on Shagari Alleyne.

This all comes down to accountability. We are ultimately responsible for our actions. Yeah, you can try to blame society, the media, games, whatever you like, and all those things are factors that can sway a person's feelings, but in the end our choices are our own. We can't go around trying to find ways to say "It's not my fault", that is what's leading to the rising "victim-ocracy" in the world. We have to accept our choices and face their consequences. And hopefully try to make the right choices in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Name:
Location: Lexington, Kentucky, United States

Top US stories
 


News Links
Google News
WebProNews
Lexington Herald-Leader
The Inquirer


Friends' Blogs
A Thingamajig
Democrat From Kentucky
Cynicracy
Inappropriately Speaking


Powered by Blogger